Now, my legs are troubling me. Really, I think it is my knees. I am going to get an MRI tomorrow, and I have already set up an appointment for arthroscopic surgery on December 5th. I would explain what's wrong with my knees, but everyone I have talked to has given me a different diagnosis. Every time I have someone look at my knee, the pain is in a different place, and my knee is at any level between "extremely swollen" to "not swollen at all." All I know is that when I do my favorite activities, it hurts like a (insert any profanity you like). And that makes me sad. That is all the info I have at the moment. I will let you know what the magical imaging device tells me.
Really, I hope I don't develop claustrophobia by tomorrow afternoon.

4 comments:
So how was the MRI? What were the results? Do you have an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports injuries and does many of these surgeries a year? Do you have a ride home from the surgery, as getting into Jake's truck may be difficult? Is it the left or right knee? MAKE SURE THAT THE SURGEON INITIALS THE KNEE HE IS TO OPERATE ON WHILE YOU ARE STILL CONSCIOUS! IT IS THE LAW (AT LEAST IN NY...BUT I THINK NATIONALLY). AND ASK ALL OF THE PEOPLE IN THE OPERATING ROOM IF THEY HAVE WASHED THEIR HANDS. No kidding...my insurance company says to do it, and I have done it several times now. No infections!
Take care of those squatty little legs. Love, Your Mom
PS...Do you want me to fly out for your surgery? After all, you came to mine.
Oh, and those Vicadin pain pills make me feel tummy sick, but you should fill the RX anyway in case you need it.
Oh, and I love you. Mom
Just be sure you have eaten some bread or crackers before you take Vicodin, and your tummy should be OK.
Sorry to have raised a painful subject. Let us know what's going on!
I got preliminary results which say that I have a tear in the lateral side of my right knee. My doctor hasn't gotten a chance to look at the MRI results yet, and I don't know if they did images of the medial side as well. I still have to wait...but I know that it at least shows A tear. The recovery from the minor surgery should be okay, and I'm sure I can get into jake's truck. I will definitely take all the precautions you suggested.
I appreciate that you would consider coming out here for me, but I don't think it's as extreme as yours. I hope I only lose about 1% of my meniscus. i'm gonna need the rest for skiing!
And, i'm just being whiney. it actually feels pretty good right now. It only hurts when I try to do fun things like hike or bike or snowboard or ski. I haven't tried running yet, but i'm sure that will hurt too. i think i've gained 6 lbs in the past week from sitting on my butt.
I love you guys too!
Post a Comment